New Preloaded DSAEK Option
Designed specifically for preloaded corneal DSAEK grafts, LEITR DSAEK 3.0, reduces incision size while expanding your surgical options and increasing the benefits of preloaded DSAEK tissue.
3mm diameter delivery system
- Less invasive (3.0-3.2mm incision)
- Less suture
- Less traumatic to endothelium
- Less astigmatism
- Delivers graft using syringe fluidics
- Provides deep stable chamber
- Promotes opening of graft
- Prepared and preloaded for no-touch delivery
- Includes 14 French tubing, connects directly to a syringe
- Eliminates need for punch, forceps (insertion and unloading) and A/C maintainer
The design of LEITR DSAEK 3.0 was developed to improve clinical outcomes and simplify Ultrathin DSAEK procedures. In addition to the intraoperative advantages, a specific lumen diameter was identified to accommodate Ultrathin graft thicknesses (40-80 microns) and graft diameters (7.5-8.0mm in 0.25mm increments).
- Beveled insertion end
- Graft preservation chamber – endothelium in
- Bulb secures connection to tubing
- Beveled loading end
Prepared DSAEK grafts, preloaded in new LEITR DSAEK 3.0, demonstrate minimal endothelial damage and allows for significantly smaller incision promoting better clinical outcomes. A series of validation studies were conducted on each process used to prepare, load, store, transport and evaluate tissue distributed in LEITR DSAEK 3.0. In addition to validating endothelial cell viability, studies confirmed graft position and determined which graft sizes and thicknesses are supported.
Summary of results
- Endothelial cell loss: less than 5%
- Graft position maintained
- Graft thickness range: 40-80μ
- Graft diameters: 7.5, 7.75, and 8.0mm
Baseline measurements for cell damage were established on donor corneas with healthy endothelial cells post-preparation (0.2%). Grafts were tri-folded, loaded in LEITR DSAEK 3.0 with Optisol-GS, stored for 24 hours and then measured demonstrating only 2.8% cell damage.
Endothelial cell viability results
0.2% cell loss on prepared DSAEK graft
2.8% cell loss on preloaded DSAEK graft
DSAEK grafts are prepared at the Lions Eye Institute for Transplant and Research (LEITR) with high pressurized anterior chamber (HPAC) method yielding surgeons’ preferred graft thickness (precut). The graft is trephined to desired diameter (prepunched), orientation markings (premarked) are added, and graft is tri-folded before being loaded into the LEITR DSAEK 3.0 (preloaded).
Storage & Transport
- OCT images show preloaded graft positions in LEITR DSAEK 3.0 are rounded and maintaining shape without collapsing
- Preloaded graft is stored upright in Optisol-GS and easily removed from the storage vial – TransplantREADY™ carrier
- Area of tissue overlap faces downward when bevel is up on insertion end
- Graft orientation is visible inside LEITR DSAEK 3.0
TransplantREADY™ carrier includes
- White cap
- Cone (cap lining)
- Optisol GS
- Green stem
- 14 French tubing, ready to connect to syringe
- LEITR TransplantREADY delivery system: LEITR DSAEK 3.0
- Breathable sponge placed at distal end (insertion end), secures the graft and allows for media flow during transportation
- Glass vial
Sign up to be notified when more videos are available.
Updates and Testimonials
Just finished our preloaded DSAEK today - took 19 minutes start to finish. Everything was GREAT.The graft was delivered into the eye very nicely…it just magically unfolded in the perfect position…..and a single suture worked just fine.Starting to REALLY like this!Kamran Riaz, MD
Beautiful case. Opened up right awayPriya Mathews, MD, MPH
TIP - If tissue doesn’t open immediately, pulsate fluid in AC to promote unfolding
CAUTION - Forceful delivery of tissue into AC may cause tissue to flip